The Tasmanian Writers’ Centre is seeking expressions of interest for the role of Twitch Coordinator, commencing January, 2016.
Twitch is the young writers arm of the Tasmanian Writers’ Centre. It aims to support young writers (12-35 year-old) in the state by facilitating events, promoting opportunities, celebrating achievements and in doing so, helping to grow our vibrant local writing community.
- Regularly maintaining Twitch’s Facebook page, using it to promote writing opportunities, provide inspiration and celebrate the achievements of local writers.
- Sending out a regular newsletter-style email to the Twitch mailing list, alerting subscribers to upcoming events and opportunities.
- Responding to queries from members of the public and directing people to information and opportunities via Facebook and the Twitch email.
- Liaising with individual writers, schools, community groups to organise face-to-face events that support young writers. Events may include networking opportunities, reading sessions, or workshops-style meetings.
- Managing the logistical organisation of events, which includes tasks such as booking venues and setting up venue spaces, arranging signage and introducing guest speakers.
- Keeping informed about the local writing scene and maintaining communications with local writers and other members of the community with the aim of expanding Twitch’s reach
- Working closely with the Tasmanian Writers’ Centre’s Director and Program Coordinator to assist with administration of the centre and to help promote events
- Assisting the Tasmanian Writers’ Centre with specific youth-oriented events, such as the Hobart City Council Young Writers in the City program, and related events at the Tasmanian Writers and Readers Festival
- Enthusiasm for writing, the local writing scene and working with young people to foster their creative talents
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a team
The role involves a commitment of five hours a week (usually undertaken on a Friday) paid at a rate of $25 per hour. A National Police Check will need to be completion upon acceptance of the role
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 5.00pm, Friday November 20th.