Congratulations to the successful applicants! We hope that you have a brilliant and productive time.
Recently, many writers have found themselves in lockdown with little access to privacy and quiet due to the pandemic restrictions.
Posie Graeme-Evans has a solution to this. In partnership with TasWriters, Posie is offering her beautiful, peaceful cottage and studio on Cygnet Bay in Nicholls Rivulet to two Tasmanian writers in need of a quiet space to write.
The initial residency will be from arrival on the morning of 28thof September to departure on the morning of the 5thof October (7 nights).
The space consists of a one bedroom, 1.5 bathroom main house and a separate studio with its own bathroom and kitchenette. Both writers will have use of the main house kitchen, living areas and laundry. There are two separate offices in the main house, and the studio has a writing nook.
This residency is available only to members of TasWriters .
Included in the residency
Pantry and fridge staples
Bedding & towels
Wood fire, r/c heat pump & wall heaters
Outdoor seating and lovely views
Not included in the residency
Travel to and from the venue
Writing equipment (computer/laptop etc)
In your expression of interest please include:
A list of published works and the publisher of each. [If the list is extensive, just the last two years is enough.]
A short explanation of what you would like to work on during your residency and what you would like to achieve that week.
Tell us why this time away would be beneficial to you.
Confirm your availability ASAP for the week starting the 28thof September.
Confirm your commitment to being sensitive to the presence of another writer on the property.
Applicants must be published authors who have a current project to work on during their stay.
- Participants must commit to being sensitive to each other’s needs and presence with regard to noise.
- Participants are welcome to work together or separately, to collaborate, or maintain their distance.
- Joint applications are encouraged if appropriate.
- Participants must also commit to taking all due care with the accommodation and amenities provided.
- Participants will be expected to leave the accommodation as they found it, that is and with all linen, towels, etc., washed and ready for the next occupants; house & studio vacuumed and kitchen and bathrooms clean
- Participants will be invited to maintain contact with TasWriters in regard to their work and its progress after the Residency
- We may extend an invitation to take part in the 2021 writers festival and/or request an interview for our social media, for example, to maintain contact with you and your work.
- By applying for the residency, you agree to the use of your name and likeness for the purposes of publicising the work of TasWriters and the residency program.
You can email your Expressions of interest to email@example.com