The Tasmanian Writers Centre is pleased to announce Gina Mercer as the recipient of our Prince Edward Island Residency this September/October. The residency is part of an exchange between the University of Tasmania and the University of Prince Edward Island.
Applications are open to Tasmanian Writers Centre members only. Applicants need to have a body of high calibre published work in any genre, a background in teaching writing, public speaking skills and an ability to travel to Prince Edward Island in September/October 2016. The aim is to foster relationships and the exchange of ideas as well as to discuss issues related to living and writing about islands.
To apply for the residency, writers need to:
- be a TWC member
- submit an Expression of Interest
- provide samples of work and the details of two professional referees
- submit two ideas for workshops
- have a project appropriate to the residency
Residency will be for three/four weeks throughout September/October 2016.
1. One public reading
2. One all-day writing workshop
3. Up to ten (10) manuscript consultations with writers
The TWC (through a grant from the University of Tasmania) will provide:
- $2,700 toward the cost of a return airfare
UPEI will provide:
- Accommodation for up to four weeks
- Per diem ($30) to a maximum of $900.
- Office space in the English Department for writer’s own work and for meeting with writers.
HONORARIUM & STIPEND:
- 1$250 for the public reading
- $250 for the workshop
- $50 per manuscript consultation
The Tasmanian writer will:
- Be responsible for their own travel arrangements (including travel insurance) to Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
- Provide a brief report at the conclusion of the residency
- Acknowledge the PEI/TAS Writers residency in any resulting publications.