Friday 27th May 2022
at Hadley’s Orient Hotel on Murray Street.
Refreshments from 6pm. The meeting will start at 6.30pm.
Please review the Agenda ahead of the event (download a copy).
Please review the Minutes from the 2021 AGM (download a copy).
The Annual Report for 2021 is now available to download.
At the AGM the members will be asked to vote on the following as a special resolution to approve the updated Constitution:
That the amendments to the Constitution set out in the updated document tabled at this AGM, be approved as a special resolution of members.
The special resolution will be passed only if at least 75% of members present at the AGM and eligible to vote, vote in favour.
The amendments to the Constitution have been proposed for the following reasons:
- To ensure it is in line with the latest government model rules for Tasmanian incorporated associations and current practice of TasWriters and to simplify/clarify some of the language. The recommended changes are as follows:
- 4 g) (ii) approved or directed by resolution passed at a the general meeting
- 10 a) signed by the treasurer of the Association or, in the treasurer’s absence, by any other member, or members, of the board that the board nominates for that purpose; and
- 11 a) may only be authorised by the treasurer of the Association or, in the treasurer’s absence, by any other member, or members, of the board that the board nominates for that purpose; and
- 13 2) An annual general meeting is to be held on any day (being not later than 5 months after the end of the financial year of the Association) the board determines
- 13 6):
- c) to determine ratify the annual subscription rates;
- d) to appoint the auditor and determine his or her remuneration;
- e) to determine ratify the remuneration of employees and other persons acting on behalf of the Association;
- f) to elect the officers of the Association and the ordinary board members.
- 26 7) A statement by each of the nominated candidates for the board must be sent to all members of the Association prior to the AGM.
- 30 3) The Deputy Chair The board can appoint any member of the board to convene meetings of a subcommittee.
- 38 the Australian Business Number of the company organisation
If you wish to participate and vote at the AGM you must be a financial member (membership paid up to date) of TasWriters. You can Join or Renew Here.
Non-members may attend the AGM and can ask to speak. This is allowed if a majority the attending members approve.
The Board of Management is seeking new Board members.
We welcome nominations from people with skills and experience in the following areas:
Company secretary, philanthropy/fundraising, marketing, PR/communications, legal background.
Nominations for new Board members must be submitted by 17th May to firstname.lastname@example.org – Download the Nomination form here
The subject of these emails should be “Board Nomination” nominee name.
The latest Board bios will be available on the website by 17th May.
The 2021 Annual Report will be available on the website by 13th May AGM.
If you wish to attend the AGM you must get a ticket via TasWriters’ website. Get one here.
Each person must obtain their own ticket.
If you cannot attend, but wish to vote for the board nominations, please fill in and return this proxy form to email@example.com
The tickets are free but are essential due to the limited number of seats available.
Public Officer for TasWriters