Expressions of interest open until the 20th of July
TasWriters is pleased to announce that with the financial support of the City of Hobart, we are offering 3, $1000 residencies to Tasmanian Writers. This residency will be a collaborative project to create a new play engaging with the theme ‘Freedom and Liberty in a time of Corona Virus’.
Residents will receive
- One year free membership to TasWriters
- An invitation to be interviewed and profiled for our social media platforms
- An invitation to take part in the 2021 Hobart Writers Festival
The vision of TasWriters is a cultural landscape that evokes, supports and celebrates Tasmanian stories. Where storytellers are encouraged and acknowledged as powerful drivers of culture. The aim of this residency, outside of injecting much needed money into the community and enable literary creation, is to shed light on the powerful role that writers play in the cultural landscape during times of stress.
Between the 27th of July and the 30th of October TasWriters will support the residents to meet either in person in our office, or online via our meeting platform (depending on the circumstances of the writers). By the 30th of October the new piece will be completed to the point of ‘first reading’, and TasWriters (with the support of TaPP) will support a public reading of the piece to be broadcast through our online platform to ensure compliance with social distancing requirements, whatever they may be at that time.
This public reading will happen as close as possible to Sunday the 15th of November, the international day of the imprisoned writer. This is an important celebration of the importance of free speech, community interaction and the role of words in defining our world.
To express your interest please provide:
- Your name and location
- A CV or sample of written work. A script is advantageous but not required
- Explain why this would be beneficial for you at this point of your career
- Tell us how stories support Freedom and Liberty – this is a deliberately unstructured question.
email email@example.com to express your interest, or for more information.